CCI Summit 2019
Salida Creative District:
- Prior to 2012, Salida had been a gateway to the outdoors and a retreat to those who wanted capture the outdoor beauty through artistic endeavors. With the best of both offerings continually drawing people from around the state and beyond, it was the designation of Creative District in 2012 that really put Salida on the map. Today, there are dozens of artist-owned studios and galleries, restaurants, unique shops, breweries and distilleries. Being a bike friendly town, you will find it is easy and fun to get around and enjoy all of the offerings Salida’s Creative District has to offer in the realm of arts along with locally owned services, healing arts, non-profits and other businesses. For decades, the town has encouraged travelers to “Follow the Hearts to Salida,” and we believe that you will be tempted to “Follow Your Heart to Salida” and return here time and time again.
Things to do:
- With the Salida Creative District nestled in the heart of the vibrant and historic downtown, there is much to do while you are here during the Summit.
- Browse the numerous art galleries and studios in downtown Salida’s historic district
- Catch a film or hear music at the SteamPlant Theater, the multi-use venue along the bank of the Arkansas River
- Take a historic or ghost tour of downtown Salida with a local resident and historian from Salida Walking Tours
- Capture the spirit of days gone by with the demonstration and purchase of your tintype portrait from Tim Brown Photography
- Enjoy a brew in hand on the outdoor patio and the sounds of local bands at Soulcraft Brewery
- Pedal your way through the historic district and along the banks of the Arkansas River with tours offered by Absolute Bikes
- Craftmanship is on display at Woods Mountain Distillery where you can taste small batch whiskey and gin and tour the stills where it is made on-site
- Enjoy the comfort and coziness of tasting rooms at Elevation Brewing and Vino Salida where you can sample seasonal beers and variety of wines respectively
- Nosh on small plates and desserts at one of the many chef-driven restaurants and eateries that make up the central business district